Tuesday, June 9, 2009

bar, basil, big moth

The bar preparation is coming along. I can’t say that I’m really excited about it or very nervous yet, right now all the studying just feels like a means to an end. There are quite a few interesting folks in my bar review classes. For example, Lady 1- She eats rice cakes, soybeans, and either a few pieces of dried or fresh fruit. But she is the first person to hit the door when we get our 10 minute break to go smoke at least 2 cigarettes.

I pretty sure that one, does not counter act the other.

Also here is some basil from the garden that I picked the other day.

It is now yummy pesto that I have eaten on toasted panni’s for dinner and lunch. I have also hung some to dry.

Here is something else I found on the farm on Saturday. We were moving this goat thingy (yes, Matt is getting goats. That story will have to be told later) and I see this gigantic moth on the ground. Matt picked it up and put it on the tree. This sucker was as big as my whole hand spread out. Apparently is must have just come out of the cocoon. Matt’s Dad told me what it was, but I can’t remember. All I know is that it was big, and I had never seen anything like it before so I thought I’d share.

I guess I’ll get back to my studying.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting