Monday, August 29, 2011

Wrapping up August


We have had so much going on here lately. I’ve had a lot going on here at work, Matt has started back to school, and we have been pretty busy on the weekends too.

Matt actually got me on his paddle board last weekend. It’s pretty fun I have to admit. It is supposed to be a great work out, but I didn’t really venture out in the water to far on my maiden voyage.


Matt also celebrated a birthday and we made our second visit to Fontanel for brunch. They have a bruschetta omelet that is fantastic. One evening we will have to make the trip for dinner. Margaux of course had the best time. She enjoyed the live music and the attention she received from fellow diners. When the weather cools down, Matt and I want to hike the trails out there.


Last Thursday I had the difficult task of judging two beauty pageants. The girls were 5-7 and 8-11. It was SO HARD! Every one of the girls were adorable and some of them were little hams having the best time. Just precious little dolls. It was seriously hard. But luckily there were two other judges. I was a little disappointed in a winner that made the statement, “I knew I was going to win. I don’t know why you all even came “ to the other contestants that were congratulating her. I know if Margaux were to make a statement like that, that crown would have come off her head so quick. I hope I raise her to be better than that. I know that kids go through phases, I had mine, and she will have hers. I hope this little girl is in one.

Speaking of Margaux, she is getting so big so quickly. I see that she is about to get some more teeth here soon. She also will start going to a preschool 2 days a week here soon. I know that the Grandmothers will miss her those days, but she will enjoy it I hope.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting