Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2.28.12 Money

This one is a hard one for me here lately. As I've posted before, I recently started my own law practice. It's been good. I'm making more money, but being a one gal show I can't really handle too large of a case load. I'm at the point where I need some staff. I could have really used it when Margaux was sick and my Grandfather was in the hospital. Maybe not full time staff, but at least part of the time, but that becomes problematic because you need a particular type of worker for a law office. I have a friend that helps me once a week and she is AWESOME, but I need a bit more. So I've been thinking more about making another change. Well, I heard of an opening coming available at the DA's office. I applied and heard nothing and a good friend ended up getting the job and I'm very happy for him. Then I applied for another job I heard that was coming available here in town. It hasn't officially come open yet, but I've been in contact with the main attorney and was just waiting it out. Then... I got a job offer from another attorney who has more cases than his office can handle and they need another attorney. Hum... there's something to consider too. THEN... I got a call from yet another position that was coming open and they are interested in speaking to me about filling the spot. Holy Cow! The main thing I need to think about now is what area of law. All the offers practice in different areas of law. So the main question is, "What kind of law do I want to practice?" Right now I guess I'm sweating over too much. The second of the jobs is a for sure offer. The first one hasn't even begun the interview and application process. And the third one I have an interview about next week. They all are about the same pay only two are steady salary and one is percentage split. Everyone keeps telling me none of them are going to be a bad decision and just to think and decide where I want to focus my efforts. ***Sigh*** could be worse I could have nothing going for me. But then an offer would be easy to decide on.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Do you know of any lawyers looking for a paralegal? My sister in law is looking for a job!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting