Monday, February 20, 2012

appreciative

I have had a really rough two weeks. One week Margaux was sick with a nasty virus Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. She kept a fever and apparently had a very sore throat. Well she had that up till I came down with it on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and started getting better on Sunday. Then something much worse happened. My Grandfather went to the hospital with congestion. It ended up being pneumonia. Then he started bleeding into his stomach that would not clot. His kidneys shut down, his heart started to fail, and things looked very bad. My family members flew in from Texas and South Carolina. We were making quite a few trips to Nashville to get some time with him. I did a lot of crying and appreciating the fact that I have had a Grandfather as an important part of my life for so long. Prayers were answered because he is improving. His kidney function is back and he is gradually getting better. We still don't know when he can come home, but things look much better than they did last week. He wants us to stay home and let him get some rest now.
It was a nice surprise to have all my cousins together at the same time. It was a scary event that brought us all together, but whenever my Grandfather started improving we were able to visit for a bit. We all went to see my cousin's son play basketball in the district championship game. Unfortunately his team wasn't able to pull through with a win.
cousins left to right: Stacy, Ryan, Kristen, Kelly, Landon, Me and my sister Lindsey
I hope we are all able to get together again sooner for much more pleasant reason. However true to my family there was some very funny things that went on at the hospital. Lots of reprimanding for making my Grandfather laugh. Lots of jokes that weren't in the best taste. Lots of stares at one of the tallest families I think that hospital has ever seen (check out the picture and keep in mind that I'm 6 ft tall). No wonder the man wants us to leave him alone.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting