Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Matt's Second Birthday

It’s a little early but I wanted to wish my husband a happy 2 year birthday!

It’s been two years since my husband smelled of cigarette smoke.

Two years since his kisses have been smoky kisses.

Two years since I’ve hugged him and inhaled the stale cigarette smoke in his clothes.

Two years since he’s had to dart outside of any indoor event (weddings, dinners out, concerts, family gatherings, etc.) because he’s needed to smoke.

Two years since we’ve had to crack the window in the car to suck the smoke out of the cabin.

Two years since I’ve been agitated at him for trying to sneak a smoke in the bathroom with the fan on.

Two years of enjoyable plane rides and airports.

Two years of saving boo coos of dollars on cigarettes.

Two years of the wonderful color that has returned to his skin.

Two years since I’ve noticed dark circles looming around his beautiful eyes.

Two years since I’ve been worried that our future children would grow up being exposed to constant cigarette smoke.

CONGRATULATIONS hubby! I’m VERY proud of you and your liberation from the grasp of nicotine!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

happy 2nd birthday!!! anytime you need help with recipes, just call.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting