Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...

So we made our pilgrimage to Little Rock to meet my sister half way between Texas and Tennessee.

The trip turned out pretty well. The kids (niece and nephews) behaved really well the entire 7 hours it took to get back to Tennessee. Thanks to Ms. Molly’s van, everyone had plenty space.

My mother is in full Nanny effect.

Matt is in full Uncle Matt effect.

We went over last night to bring a cake for my nephew’s birthday and to give the kids their Christmas presents from us. There was jumping, there was tickling, there were Nerf darts flying around.

On the way home I began my normal gripe with Matt about all the rough housing and playing, and the blurred limits and boundaries that could cause problems. He agreed, waited a while and then he responded something like this:

“Maybe I like to tickle them. Maybe that is just how boys play. Maybe that is one of the things I look forward to the most. And maybe you should just leave me alone and let me play with my niece and nephews.”

Of course I’m completely smiling at Matt who is smiling back. Both points were made. Uncle Matt will return for round two tomorrow night.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting