Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to the Grind

Well the Silvey’s are back in school (and not exactly thrilled, but we’re almost there).

2009 is going to be a big year for us. Matt is doing his student teaching this semester and he’ll be all qualified for his teaching license. Which means that Matt could be in a classroom next Fall.

I’ll graduate in Ohhh… 136 days and counting and take the bar exam the last days of July. Then I’ll anxiously await the results that come out in October. So hopefully by Christmas next year I’ll be a licensed attorney, and possibly have a few clients.

We are both really ready to get closer to our family goals. We are both also pretty tired of being students, but we know that the end is in our sights. The light at the end of the tunnel isn’t quite as dim as it was.

The kiddos made it back to Texas safely, and again were very well behaved during another very long confinement (12 hours in the car). We really enjoyed their visit, and I’m pretty sure after the good behavior that they could behave just as well on a plane by themselves.

The last Saturday that they were here we played “army” for well over an hour in the woods behind my parents’ house. It was a ton of fun. Matt and I found out real quick that my youngest nephew easily cracks under our interrogation tactics (tickling) once captured. After one or two tickles from Uncle Matt he was, “ready to tell [us] anything.” He was willing to give up the secret location of their hide out and where his partner could be found.

This is a picture of my nephews from the birthday cake evening.

And my niece patiently awaiting a piece of cake.


0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting