Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February is almost over. Yippee!

Well, March begins next week and I couldn’t be more excited. One more month down and closer to the end of all this school that is plaguing the Silvey home.

Last weekend I got to see friends two nights in a row, which is almost unheard of. Friday night I had Bunco, and got to see that great group of gals. Two ladies are showing off their adorable little pregnancy bumps. One is due May 31st and the other June 1st, just a day apart. It is all very exciting and I’m very happy for their families. On Saturday, we celebrated a friends 37th birthday. We were strictly told no presents, so Matthew wrote up a witty little poem about things they did growing up (Matt has known him since 7 grade). It was really funny, and made the birthday boy man smile. It was nice getting to spend some time with all of our friends and their spouses too.


I also began my first attempt at quilting. Oh my word. What was I thinking. I can’t cut the fabric straight. And once I did, I would sew a piece and then scratch my head trying to figure out what to do next to make it all work out right. Matt was in the chair working on school work and I spread out in the floor with my little pieces. After listening to my frustration for a while, he looked at me asked me what it was exactly I was trying to do. I told him, he looked at it and told me. Of course I still just scratched my head, so he told me again. Uhhhh?!?! I was still confused. He got in the floor, took the pieces from my hand and said, “Sew here. Here. And here,” pointing to each CORRECT place. Ugg! Stinker!


Here are pictures of my work in SLOW progress.

It was supposed to have about a 3 inch border separating each striped section, but being a beginner. I learned that if you cut them the way I did, and put them on each square, you actually end up with a 6 inch border. Again… Why did I start this?!?!?!

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting