Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here it is March

Well, I was sick weekend before last and most of last week. This week I’m feeling much better and all that lingers is a little cough. I would say that I’m feeling better, but tomorrow the weather is going to do one of its 31 degree drops and I anticipate feeling it. You know that pressure and headache that makes you almost certain that your eye has decided that it doesn’t want to live in your head anymore and it is about to pop out and run away.

Matt and I went to the lawn and garden show last Saturday in Nashville. It wasn’t what we had expected, and he still isn’t allowed to remind me how much we paid in admission.

My quilting debut isn’t going to be impressive, but I’m happy to report that my first little quilt is finished. I’ll blog with pictures later. Also have you noticed my graduation ticker! Getting closer to the big day. Last week they announced the class schedule for next year and I over heard students discussing what they were registering for in the hallways. I smiled the biggest smile ever. It feels amazing to NOT have to register for classes next year.

I’ll end the post with a little funny story. I had been on the fence as to whether or not I should order a pair of jeans. I’ve been trying to cut back on my unnecessary spending (not that I spent very much anyhow). The jeans were on sale. I slept on it and decided I wanted to get them. I got online the next day, and, WaaaLaa! The price had been reduced further to $19.99! Cheers for jeans under 20 bucks (in tall, I might add)! And here’s to sleeping on it! Anyhow, they were delivered to me at the office yesterday and I was more than pleased with the steal I got. I was showing them to the female attorney that I work for, and apparently her office was the happening place because two other male attorneys were camped out in there. I held up my super long jeans (that I, at six foot tall, will need to hem just a bit) and D (male attorney) stated, “Wow! You could cut arm holes in there and I could wear those as overalls!” I laughed and we held them up to wittle D. Sure enough, the waist hit right around his chest! Awww, little guy. The other male attorney said that was "just wrong". But hey, he made the comment first. Fair game!

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting