Thursday, March 26, 2009

Text from who and a cupcake at risk

That’s right. Last week I get this text message that asked for me to send the Unknown person my address. Me and my identity theft paranoia thought it was one of those scams where you get a text message asking for info, and then BOOM! Someone’s racking up charges all over the country in your name. So I said no way. I’m calling this person. So I call and say, “Um yeah, Who is this?” (said using my most demanding tone). Well it was my sweet friend Sabrina (who’s phone number I obviously do not have stored in my phone). So I had to explain my reason for being so rude, and she promised me she would not steal my identity. She is now stored in my phone, but if any funny business shows up on my statements…

Also, I have finished my second small quilt. Again, I learned from many little mistakes. I messed up on the corners in the finishing, and up close I recognize some of the stitching from Frankenstein’s face. I also did not trim the left-overs when piecing and that is why you might notice red behind the fabric. And lastly, I freaked out, because I need to wash the fabric markers I used off. The freaking happened because I realized I did not pre-wash that red fabric, and you know what happens if you throw something red in the wash and you shouldn’t have. I know it’s already pink, but I am worried about the red bleeding onto the other pieces. I’ve soaked test strips overnight, I’ve pinched them all together and hung them up to dry. I think it will be okay, but I’m still a little nervous about washing it.


Here is the finished quilt


Here is the cupcake up close.

It's made of felt and fleece.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting