Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pull out the scissors the Silvey's are doing some cutting!

Last months bills caused me some undue aggravation. It wasn't that I over spent during Christmas or anything (Thanks one of the many stashes I keep). But this Saturday, some credit card company’s are going to be losing one more customer. I have some choice words for one of the company’s and a noticed another company try to pull the same trick. You see, I’ve had the cards for awhile. You know the whole, “open up an account with us and save ___%” line. Well, some of them I don’t even use, and another of them moved the due date up a whole week on me. That stupid card has been due on the same day of the month for 2 years, so of course it slipped by me and when I go to pay it two days before the normal due date ( I pay online), with all the fees, MY WORD! What a difference 5 days made. I tell you what, It won’t happen again. Another company sent me this little booklet in the mail, and I read that sucker. Buried in that tiny fine print, was the information about all the changes they were instituting. They are pulling similar funny business and billing cycle changes. I don’t even use it so that one is getting the boot too. I saw a segment on the Today Show warning people of these types of shenanigans the credit card companies are pulling. At about 7:00 minutes in, it is word for word what happened to me, and why the companies are doing it (click if you want to watch). Too late to warn me, but I hope that the segment and this blog warns the rest of you to be on the look out.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting