Friday, January 8, 2010

Don’t poke babies

My bosses' soon to be 4 year old daughter often comes by work. I love seeing her adorable face and hearing her adorable little voice. The wife attorney I work for was pregnant with her when I first started working here. After she was born, they would bring her to the office and I remember holding her while her Mom went to court, stepped out, or just needed a second to work on something. There was one incident (only one) that I remember well, where I was supposed to watch her for an hour or so while I answered the phones and what not. Well baby was not happy, not at all, and SCREAMED the entire time. I basically locked the doors, ignored the phone, and rocked her for the entire hour. Of course she fell asleep about 10 minutes before her Mom and Dad came back from the CLE they were attending and they thought everything had went smoothly. I had to explain the reality of the situation and that we should probably go check the voicemail to see if there were any really important messages.

Anyhow… earlier this week she came to the office and decided to spend her time with me in my office. In my lap to be more specific. Well, I know she had been told before the Ms. Shelby has a baby in her belly, and I decided to ask her about that. She did a few "why's" and then commenced poking at my belly with her fingers. To which I told her "don't poke my baby." And we giggled.

A few minutes later, the secretary came back to see her and tickled her. She said, "Hey there's a baby in my belly, and don't poke my baby!" Needless to say, there was a whole lot of laughter.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting