Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Waiting for Schlomo to grow mo and show mo

Everything is going great over here with Me, Matt and the Baby (we call it Schlomo). Somewhere right around 11 and 12 weeks I got to feeling a lot better. In fact, when I went to the Dr. today, I told her that I hoped that it was still in there. It is! And its little heart sounds fantastic. Like a little train chugging along. We are doing the 3D/4D ultrasound this weekend to see whether we are adding a boy or a girl to the American population. I think it's a boy, but I have no scientific reason for this. I just think it is. My belly is still a little deceiving. I still just look pudgy. At night, and depending on what clothes I'm wearing, I have a belly, but nothing that really says "I'm having a baby". I'm not complaining at all. It will show up in time and it won't go away in the morning. Also, (and no surprise here) the Dr. said that the baby is probably going to be pretty long. Schlomo's length has been ahead of schedule and we haven't even really gotten in to the major growing stage.

As far as names go, we have started making some lists. There are quite a few options on both lists, but we haven't really started narrowing them down yet. Matt doesn't want to start really thinking about them, and deciding, until we know what it is. We have some favorites, and we have decided that we are going to mull them over for quite a while. My mother hates most of the names we've thrown out for either sex. Somebody is not going to like the name, no matter what. So Prince Michael the ? or George Foreman the ? it is :)

and lastly... Matt and I made our first trip to the Clarksville Greenway. It was absolutely awesome. We had a great time. Matt, the baby and I rode our bikes the whole 6.7 miles (the baby and I slept good last night). I can't wait to see how much more is added in the next phases.

Here is my attempt at taking a picture of myself in the mirror with a belly.

It was at night and I had a prominent belly for the evening. I told Matt "quick take a picture. I look more pregnant and less chubby." Matt did try to take one for me, but he was seated lower than me, and took it from the bottom up. Yikes! It looked scary! So I did the ever popular phone and mirror shot.



1 comments:

Your Favorite Redhead said...

haha. men are always terrible at taking pictures! i'm glad you took matters into your own hands and that "schlomo" is thriving.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting