Monday, March 15, 2010

22 down, 18 more weeks to go

22 weeks

Well, Matt and I picked out a car seat this weekend. Geesh! I cannot get over how many different types there are. Car seats, strollers, and travel systems OH MY! We ultimately made our decision on the amount of space they took up. We found a combo system (that the stroller had to be bought separately) that folds small like an umbrella stroller. Awesome! Seeing that both of our cars are small, and the jeep doesn't have the biggest storage in the back. It's neutral colors, so it will work if we are blessed with a male heir one day and it has great safety ratings.

We also went on a flooring excursion. We've made our decision and will be buying it pretty soon (its on sale for a week). We are putting down actual bamboo hardwood this time instead of laminate flooring. I'm pleased with the laminate we did last summer, don't get me wrong. But I'm glad we are investing a little bit more and getting actual hardwood. The laminate was a PAIN IN THE NECK to put down, and it sounds funny like its hollow when you walk on it. But dang was it cheap! So we will be able to begin that project soon. I'm pretty excited that Margaux will have a nice clean floor to crawl around on. No more stained (dip spit, coffee, and various others), burned (for real, it's burned in one spot), cigarette smoked, and pet hair (dang cats) carpet.

Other recent things. I man let me get in front of him at the grocery because I was "carrying around an extra". He also said I was gorgeous and glowing. I thanked him, but I didn't tell him that the "glowing" he was probably talking about was the constant rash/blotches due to the extremely sensitive skin I have been plagued with since becoming pregnant. Probably TMI. The cat laid on my belly Saturday morning and started vibrating and purring. In response, Margaux started wiggling around like crazy. I'm not sure if she liked it or hated it, but it was funny. Speaking of movement, Matt can feel it now. She was thumping around pretty hard at the top of my belly the other day. And lastly, we have been given so many ADORABLE hand-me-downs for her, and I'm super pumped about all the cute goodies. I even came across a dress that my Great Grandmother (Clara Belle), that Margaux is getting her middle name from (Claire), made. She is so getting a picture in that dress.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting