Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sew cute

Here are some of the little projects I've finished for Baby Margaux

This is the quilt for her crib. The one it was going to cost me $78 to have quilted at a shop, so I decided to hand quilt it till I buy an attachment for my sewing machine.
I purchased a bumper and crib skirt from target that is dark brown with white polka dots to go with. And my Mother is making back and seat pillows for the wooden rocking chair out of the same material as the quilt.


It's not really fancy or intricate. I should have broken up the center instead of leaving it all one piece, but I'm happy with it. Here is an up close of the farm animals and polka dots.


Here is Margaux's first onesie applique that I've made for her.


And for Momma, a necklace from anthropology that I saw a tutorial on how to replicate. I have a few girls night groups that I thought this might be a fun project for, but I wanted to test run it.

Here's mine. I placed my flowers too close together so it looks like one big ruffle. I get a flash back to the Seinfeld pirate shirt episode. And I'm not real happy with how it hangs but I'm going to try some things to get it to hold its shape better.

If all else fails, I've decided I'm going to use it as a headband. So I'll get to use it some how.

Here's another idea from Ann Taylor Loft I could do. They attached them straight to the tank top. I could dress up some cheap Maternity tanks maybe.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen Luther said...

You are too creative Shelby!!!!!

The Baggetts said...

It looks so good as a headband!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting