Monday, April 26, 2010

Welcome to the third trimester

We are now at 28 weeks Margaux and I.







28 weeks

*side note- I seriously need to get my point and shoot camera fixed!

Her room is coming together really well. In fact, if I'm ever able to get through the mess that is still lingering from the hardwood floor job to my sewing machine, I can get some of the final touches in place. It is taking me forever to get all that put back, because I'm weeding through and saying goodbye to a lot of things in the process.

We had a check up last week and we are doing well, Margaux and I. I warned my doctor that Margaux would probably kick her little heart rate monitor when she pushed on my belly with it. She did. She has gotten where she will nudge back if you push on my belly. If she's awake that is.

My sugar test was a little high, so this Thursday I go for the glucose tolerance test. I'm not thrilled about it, but my doctor thinks it will more than likely come back negative for gestational diabetes. My sugar level was only slightly past the cut off.

This past weekend I got out all the little outfits we've bought and that have been handed down. Girl is totally set with clothes. She has a few newborn outfits and lots of 0-3 and 3-6 month onesies. And many people have told me that pants aren't really necessary for summer babies. Just on the occasional chilly evening. But she does have pants. She also has about a dozen sleep sacks. . Like I said, she's got a lot. Of course I've bought a few things, because they were just too cute to leave without. And a friend who has two daughters, one with a July birthday and one that will be a year old in June, totally hooked us up (and I really appreciate it).

6-9 mth winter clothes ready to space bag

Matt is about to burst with anticipation. He is currently reading "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" to Margaux at bedtime so she can get familiar with his voice. He's really sweet. My mother gave me a large book with the whole collection of stories and the wonderful illustrations. Time really is moving right along. It won't be just Matt and I for much longer.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting