Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Channeling my domestic skills

So a friend of mine, commented that she was sure I had made a lot of cute things for Margaux. GULP! Well… I really hadn't done a whole lot, I made her a quilt, and some burp cloths, but that was about it. So I got to work on some of the things I knew I wanted to do.

Here is her first pillow case dress. Coordinating bloomers to come.

And here is a little decorating project.

My mother-in-law bought these adorable letters, but they just looked so small on the wall. So I had the idea to frame them and make them more substantial.

I had three 12 in x 12 in ¼ inch oak boards cut, and sanded down the rough edges. Then I applied Mod Podge to the board with a cheap-O brush and placed a piece of pretty scrapbook paper on the board. I used a plastic putty knife to press out any wrinkles or bubbles.

I trimmed any over hang from the scrapbook paper. Then I had my wonderful husband cut twelve, 12 inch pieces of trim with mitered edges to make a frame around the outside. Then I glued down the pieces of trim with Tightbond glue (held in place by clothes pins).

Lastly I used the Tightbond to glue down the cute wooden letters. And attached hangers to the back.

Wah-La! Mommy is done and tickled pink with the finished product. One project down, many more to go (Including a girls night craft project).

1 comments:

The Jenkins Family said...

Cute cute cute! I love that you are so crafty. I hope it doesn't stop once baby girl arrives :)

 

Template by Best Web Hosting