Sunday, June 20, 2010

9 months/36 weeks


36 weeks

Well, it was so hard to imagine I'd be at this point 32 weeks ago on November 4th when I saw two little lines appear on the pregnancy test to say I was positive. Especially since the one I took on October 31st prior to going out to dinner read Negative. And Matt and I went to a concert on November 2nd and I was for sure I was going to start my cycle soon because I was feeling crampy and chappy. And despite the fact that on that same day (Nov. 2nd), the other female attorney at the office had stopped me and said, "your pregnant! I just have a feeling. I woke up this morning and the thought just hit me that you were pregnant." (I now refer to her as the womb whisperer). Anyhow… I was super pumped to see the first little pink line show up on November 4th. Matt was a little more skeptical. But 2 more positives (each darker than the next) and few days later, he was convinced, happy and hopeful. Matt and I were elated that we had such quick success. It was really hard to believe. I'm still amazed at how blessed we were so quickly. I was hoping to start counting my days to see when I would be most likely to ovulate, but it happened so quick I never had to start.

We told our family on Thanksgiving when I was 7 weeks along. I made cards for them. On the front it said, "We are Thankful for…" and on the inside it said, "the wonderful Grandparents our baby is going to have." And I placed a picture of the window from the positive pregnancy test in there. Matt's parents were excited, and my mother did one of her little squeals she does. In December we heard that wonderful little choo-choo sound of the baby's heart. We found out in February it was girl (and not the boy that I had guessed it was). And ever since it's been pinks, dresses, and Matt laying his head on the belly and talking to baby Margaux.

There's been ultrasounds and glucose tests, and now we are finally getting in the last weeks and awaiting her arrival. Her room is ready, we have supplies, and our arms are aching to hold our first little one.

1 comments:

Your Favorite Redhead said...

so so exciting. motherhood is everything and more that you hear it is.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting