Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fourth Fun

I know that the Fourth was quite a while ago, but I’ve been meaning to post about it. We’ve just been SUPER busy around the house. Getting things together to have folks over for Margaux’s birthday next weekend. Matt started a building project that had to be completed. We had a pretty good Fourth of July this year. My niece and nephews headed back to Texas so things returned to normal for a moment. Matt made plans on the 2nd to go Canoeing with some guy friends. So Margaux and I took some girl time and went to the Trenton Yard Sale and festival on Saturday. Trenton, KY is so interesting to me. A majority of the folks at the festival were Mennonite. Margaux loved watching the families come down the street in their horse and buggy or in tractors with wagons. I was pretty into it all too. She would hear the hoofs on the road and get to twisting and turning in her stroller to see.

Margaux and I had homemade ice cream from the quilt shop. The picture I have of us, she has her hand in the cup of banana ice cream. It was delicious. I got a few squares to make her a new ultra fem shabby chic-ish blanket.

On the fourth we had lunch at Matt’s parents and then we went to our friends’ the Coles for some dinner and fireworks. We had a wonderful fourth for the first time in a long while.

Having Margaux really made it special.

Trying to stay cool in Trenton

Hanging with Daddy on the Fourth!

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting