Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween projects


So this fall I have made a few little crafty things that I'll share.

First... Margaux's owl costume.
The wings are felt with a little interfacing. I got the pattern for them from Martha Stewart. I tweaked things a bit for ease and for personality. The beanie I made out of an old tank top of mine that was in the goodwill pile at my house. The original owl costume called for goggles. Margaux would probably rip those off in a heartbeat, so they got the axe and the beanie came in. besides the beanie there was very little machine sewing, mostly I little hand stitching.



Next... My plate turned door decor.
I found this plate at Big Lots for $0.80. I cut out some vinyl with my silhouette cutter and put it on the plate. I then drilled some holes in the plate and used floral wire to wire it to a frame I spray painted green. I added some ribbon and a little gem and the project was done.




Lastly... Some little pumpkins.
When we built the deck I had some left over little squares of wood in a pile. My original idea involved christmas and making little presents to sit about. But I figured I had enough to make some pumpkins too. I painted the blocks orange. drilled a tiny hole in the top. Then I gathered and cut some twigs from the yard. I glued the twigs in the hole with some hot glue and added the ribbon. These will be sitting around my house through Thanksgiving too!

1 comments:

Mary Ellen Luther said...

I LOVE your crafts!!!!! You should post these on Pinterest!!!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting