Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter


A few weeks ago I got this email from my friend Sabrina that simple said "help". I opened the email and she had a picture of the Halloween costume that she had decided on for her adorable 6 month old girl. Apparently there was a small problem. They don't make this costume in an infant size. And the original polar bear idea had been scrapped by her hubby. I was so excited about a sewing project I really didn't pay much attention to what it actually was. And then as I studied it, it dawned on me. "That's no elf… That's a garden gnome!" and Sabrina confirmed. So project "Garden Gnome" began.

My mother has made my Halloween costumes for as long as I can remember and they have always been fantastic. Much better than the flimsy store bought kind. She said she really likes making them because of how much fun you can have with them. For Halloween 08, she made me a "Little Red Riding Hood" outfit with a red (lined) cape and knee length full skirt. (Click here to read the post from 2008 about it)

So here is the debut of my very first Halloween costume produced with my beginner/amateur skills. I now give you (drum roll)… "Baby Garden Gnome"

TaDaaa!


It is going to look so cute on the baby! And I can't wait to see pictures of her in it.

1 comments:

Your Favorite Redhead said...

uhhhhhh...freakin' ADORABLE!!! oh. my. goodness.

 

Template by Best Web Hosting