Thursday, February 18, 2010

As my dad put it, I’m “getting fat”! :)

My response, "I sure am."

My belly is getting bigger and bigger every week now. Somewhere between 16 and 18 weeks it really started coming out. Matt still talks to her a lot, he tells her he loves her, goodnight, and good morning most everyday. I've felt her move once and known for sure what it was. She did a little roll one morning, I've laid down and tried to feel it again, but nothing yet. Everyone tells me I'll feel plenty of moving later.

16 weeks

18 weeks

see Hans wondering if the big lady is going to give him any food:)

We've pretty much decided on Margaux Claire as the name. Margaux just because we like it, and Claire after one of my Great Grandmothers, Clara Belle, that I have very fond memories of. We are going to use the french spelling because it looks much prettier than Margo, and I'm not doing the Margot/Mar-GOT spelling. She'll just have to deal with it being misspelled, but people have the same problem with Brittany/ Brittnye/ Britnie, Laura/Lara, Lindsey/Lindsay. Obviously she'll be fine. My mother didn't gag when she heard this one. She either wasn't repulsed by the name, or she knew better than fight it. Baby Margaux also got her first Valentines day card from her Grandpa (My dad), it was super sweet and is totally going in her baby book. Her room is currently awaiting a lot of work. I have started on the quilt, after much debate as to whether I wanted to personally hand quilt it or not. I have decided to do it myself, and I enjoyed starting on it last night. Its very therapeutic to work on something. It has farm animals on it (of course), hot pink and polka dots. And if this cold weather ever goes away we will start work on the paint and replacing the carpet with laminate. I refuse to start moving furniture in a room that I am just going to have to move it all back out of to replace the flooring. Correction: I guess I'm not really lifting and moving crap, but you get the main point. Next week I have another doctor's appointment and ultrasound, I'll be about 20 weeks. I can't wait to see how big she is getting. So until then…

1 comments:

Mary Ellen Luther said...

LOVE her name and the spelling!!!!!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting