Monday, November 14, 2011

Bad week!

Thank God I don't have many weeks like the one I had last week. It started with running over my computer with my car. Yes, you heard me correctly. I ran over it with my car. I was loading packages into the car and I got distracted talking. I loaded what was the last package and forgot to put my work bag in, backed up and crush. Needless to say the Apple Macbook will not survive being run over by a Jeep Liberty. I made an emergency trip to Nashville to purchase a new computer (oh! and the one I ran over was just purchased in February of this year). I went to two different places and both said that my hard drive was damaged and the data can not be recovered in a conventional setting. I can send it off for a ga-zillion dollars and have a professional do it. Ugg! No thank you I'll just be retyping.
Matt or I had something planned EVERY night of the week after work!
I misplaced $200 I had in an envelope. The mail lady called on Wednesday and informed me I had accidentally put it in the mailbox with a stack of outgoing mail. So glad that made it back.
Matt's students had a fundraiser on Thursday night and I had hoped to go help and come home early. I got out a little after 9:00 p.m. and still had to stop by my parents, so I got home at 11:00 p.m.
And I wrapped the week up with breaking my toe with a crockpot.

Funnier story from Sunday before the flood gates opened. I had a light fixture that was only halfway working in our entry room. I called my Dad and tried my best to fix it. I think I may have even been the one to install the thing. Anyhow... I wiggled wires, receptacles, bulbs and ended up with the whole thing no longer working. And Dad coming to fix it. I told him I had heard varmints up there last winter and I think they had chewed it and damaged it. He said, "oh no. That isn't whats wrong." He took the fixture down and started locating the wires that were hanging down. One wire sticking out was unaccounted for, so he tugged on it and proceeded to pull a mouse out of the hole and swing it in front of my squealing face.
Of course he gave me crap for squealing, but I couldn't tell for a minute if it was alive or dead. It was dead. Surely if it had been alive it would have put up more of a fight.

1 comments:

Mary Ellen Luther said...

OH MY! What a week!!!!!! Hope this week is better, and I hope you NEVER have another week like that one!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting