Friday, November 4, 2011

Bye-Bye October! Hello November

October was a crazy month here at our house. A lot of things have been going on. First off in Shelby news, I have started my own practice. I no longer work at the law firm that I was previously at and decided to go on my own. It was a TOUGH decision. I really contemplated on it for quite a while, seriously considering the pros and cons. And in the end, I decided to take the leap and go out on my own.
So far it has been a month and I really do enjoy the change and feel it was the right decision for me. I'm still trying to figure out what area of law is where I need to be. Being on my own, I feel that every dollar, every hour is an investment in ME! If I chose to hire someone to help with my billing (which I have done) it benefits me. Whereas if I had done that before, I would have been paying someone out of my pocket to bill (produce more money) that I would have had to pay a percentage of to the firm. It just didn't make any sense. Anyhow... it has been a really good change thus far.

Margaux is growing like a weed! She has battled allergies and runny nose problems for weeks now. She has cut quite a few new teeth and she has weathered her very first ear infection. All in all, since September she has been well for about 2 weeks. She currently has contracted yet another runny nose and sneezy spell that I'm hoping we can head off before it gets too bad.
She talks up a storm. She says just about anything she wants to now, or at least she tries. I have to be careful, because you never know when she's listening and what she will decide to repeat.
I love to hear her say her name. Its my favorite! She really pronounces the two syllables, "Maaa-Go!" It just warms my heart to death! My other favorite thing is when she starts singing her baby talk words. Ba ba ya ya laa la ya ya! It is too cute! one day she was doing that and threw in a "Baby rock"here and there. Apparently she likes "rock a bye baby". Last night and this morning she said, "Bon-ju" and tried au revoir. Matt thought she should say Bonjour.
She loves to be chased and play "Get you" she will run up to you and laugh and squeal and say "get you!" instead of Get me. She still loves the animals, the "Baa Baa's", the "Moo Cows", "Mee mee" (our cat), Bee Bee (our dog Biscuit), and "Ban-deet" (Bandit the dog). She enjoyed trick-or-treating as an owl with her friend Fee-Aa (Sophia), and loves to talk about Gammy, Nanny, and the Pa Pa's. She has a plethora of animal noises she makes when asked, she blows kisses, she says "Thank You", and she loves to be coy with folks.
We are still working on table food with her. She isn't a fan and can't seem to get that you have to chew things. She has a real issue with the texture of food and if she doesn't like it she'll gag. She loves tea and although I've never given her coke, she will look at a glass and say "coke". If it weren't for goldfish, nutri-grain bars, and chicken I think she might not eat anything by yogurt. Maybe when the rest of these teeth come in I can report she is eating more table food.

1 comments:

Mrs.S said...

I can HARDLY believe its already NOV.Im a new follower, check out my blog & enter my current GIVEAWAY..
Xo

 

Template by Best Web Hosting