Monday, November 10, 2008

Preservation room- where they make delicious jams and jellys*

Last summer we had so much from our garden, and we wanted to be able to preserve as much of it as we could. So Matt and I learned to can. A have also decided to make jelly. We had an abundance of jalapeƱo peppers. So, I made jelly out of some. I love pepper jelly over cream cheese with crackers.

Over the weekend Matt and I picked apples off a tree next to Matt’s parents’ house. I made some Apple jelly and then made my very first attempt at baked apples. They turned out pretty good, and the whole house smelled absolutely divine!


I have a new appreciation for those that have been doing it for years. It’s pretty time consuming to us new comers, and can get pretty tricky with all the boiling water and hot containers that you can’t touch with your hands. Aunt Marilyn, I’m sure you have some wonderful recipes, tips, tricks, or advice that we would love to hear. If any come to mind, you have my email address, feel free to send me one anytime.


I have a feeling that quite a few of our friends may see a this label in a Christmas present this year.


*from the movie National Treasure.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting