Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I can see clearly now the rain is gone…*

Some days I'm less than enthusiastic about living in the country, and wish that I lived closer to town, closer to friends, maybe even in a neighbor hood with lighted streets. I would really enjoy having a good grocery store where you don't discover you've purchased rotten produce. I have bought 2 boxes of rotten tangerines. Of course the five on top with the side facing the net were beautiful, but when I opened the box, green mold and mushy fruit. You better believe I investigate every carton of strawberries too.

Well for a few minutes Sunday all the rain we've been having stopped and the clouds opened up. The sun actually shined and everything outside looked green and gorgeous! Not to mention there was a full rainbow over the trees. I love being able to walk out side and enjoy the beauty of where we live. I can always drive a few minutes longer into town for the fresher food, but if I lived in town I may not have been able to enjoy this (as well as all the other things we enjoy out here).

*Johnny Nash I Can See Clearly Now, the Rain is Gone



0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting