Monday, September 14, 2009

Wicked weekend

So for our anniversary Matt and I tended the sheep and goats early, and us two bumpkins went out for a night of culture. We went to see Wicked at TPAC. It was absolutely great! Really good songs, great twist on the Wizard of Oz, and the performance was just wonderful. It was a good way to celebrate our anniversary. If you are interested in seeing it, you really should try to go.

I also had a two day yard sale with my friend from High School over the weekend. I had forgotten how draining having a yard sale is. I made a little dough, but most importantly… I got rid of some of the clutter at the house. Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of clutter. But it has definitely given me some relief. We also decided to take down and store the spare bed at our house to get more room. No one has visited or slept in that room for 2 years now, so obviously it wasn't being used. I'm still weeding through things and trying to get things situated after the four years of neglect from being in law school, but things are starting to improve.

News on the pumpkin front is grim. The plants are definitely getting bigger and bigger. Problem is, for some reason my female plants are not flowering (I think I must have planted them too late). They keep shriveling up and dying. Like I mentioned before, this is a learning process. I had no idea that there is a male and a female part of the pumpkin plant. And well, as one would imagine... the two have to meet up to pollinate and make a pumpkin. I guess we won't have any pumpkins this year, but our odds next year are going to be pretty good after all I've learned this year. I've got my fingers crossed that I might have at least one, but it isn't looking too hopeful.

bloomed male flower

female flower- no bloom

The little pumpkin on the bottom shriveled away :(


0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting