Monday, April 20, 2009

done R-U-N-N-O-F-T**

This weekend was pretty normal for Matt and I.

Saturday Matt spent time with his dad. I studied for that one remaining final, and went to a baby shower for a friend. I had a request for Matt. Buy me a tree. I had spotted one at a local store for our front yard. A few years ago, I bought two tiny maple trees to plant in our front yard. Our house could really benefit from some shade. Well, one of those trees is flourishing, and the other was broken in half by a deer. It looked pitiful and was badly misshapen. Last year we bought another tiny replacement, it died. Well on Saturday I was thrilled when Matt came home with the tree I had seen and wanted. It is taller, more mature, and looks a lot better than the sad gray stick that was left of the last tree. But it doesn’t end there. Matt also bought me two dwarf apple trees. All my new trees look so pretty, and I have my fingers crossed they don’t die. (please don’t die, please don’t die, please don’t die).

We have also been pricing underground electric fence. Biscuit is driving me and Matt nuts. She likes to explore on her own. For the past couple of months, when the mood strikes her, she will take off running. She’ll bolt into the trees, across the road, through the field and disappear. She is lighting quick too. I’ll see her cross the road a quarter of a mile away from where she entered the woods. And each time, she gets braver and goes out further, and stays away longer. Basically my nerves can’t take it any more. Between the fear of her getting hit by a car, and the times that I need to leave for work or school and she hasn’t returned, I’ve reached my limit. It will be so nice to just turn them loose in the yard and not be afraid they are going to get in the road or run off. Ohh… and don’t think Charlotte is innocent in all this. She needs the fence too. She does. She scampers out in the road every now and then, but more concerning. She loves to eat the cow poo! It has been a battle since day one to get her out of the cow field. We scream for her to stop eating poo. We stomp, throw rocks in her direction. But she ignores us until she knows we are about to loose our minds, and then comes running up like “Chill out my peoples, I’m right here. I was just out there eating some cow pies. No biggie. How about I give you a kiss and make it all up to you!” Ahhhhhh!

** O Brother, Where Art Thou?

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting