Monday, April 6, 2009

A run and some other fun

Saturday I ran in a 5 mile run in Nashville. The Richland Creek Run to support the Greenways of Nashville. It was pretty apparent that this was the first organized, over 3 mile run I have participated in since the 2007 Memphis half marathon.

I miss running. I miss being in better shape. I miss being 6-10 lbs lighter. Geessh! I was a winded mess. The course was calm, scenic, and included some challenging hills. I told Ashley (and myself) I was not going to walk until I made it 2.5 miles/halfway. I made it half way, and then had to catch my out of shape, winded, congested breath. I’d like to blame it on the sinus infection and congestion, but it was totally due to my lapse in running dedication. Ashley ran on ahead of me and finished strong. I finished the 5 miles in 53:12 and ran at a 10 minute 39 second pace. I guess this is really more of an average because that last half was considerably slower than the first. All in all, it was a wonderful day, wonderful run, and a great experience. Hopefully the next event I participate in will be the upcoming Susan G. Komen ride for the cure.

Sunday Sabrina and her family came out to the farm. They had wanted to see the cows, but they were off roaming around and lounging in the warm weather. Wes, her husband, is a wonderful landscaper. He is working something up for my mother-in-law, that I’m sure is going to beautify the front of the house. We also showed them our future home site.

The rest of the weekend, we spent time together, did laundry, worked on planning our garden for this year, picked up around the house and in the yard, put up the new blue bird house (haven’t seen any move in yet), just piddled around together. I did find these cute, super cheap, galoshes for going out on the farm.


1 comments:

Rebecca said...

go you on the 5-mile run! doesn't sound like you are out of shape by much. i'm striving for that!!!

 

Template by Best Web Hosting