Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Last test but questions still to be answered

Well, I’ve finally taken my last final exam of law school. It was a long one, but when I finished the test after 3 hours. I had a raging headache and knew I had passed. That is my goal when ever I leave a test, feel as though I passed. Now whether I passed with a 65 or a 85, that I don’t know.


I’ve been reminded of how I felt when I graduated with my bachelors. What am I going to do now? I’m going to be out of work for a while to prepare for the bar exam. Will the funds last? What if I fail the bar? How long will it take me to make any money if I even pass the bar exam? Where am I going to work? How am I going to get any clients? Am I going to sit in an office paying overhead cost and no clients? Will Matt get a teaching job? When will we finally feel settled?


I know that everything will work out. It won’t happen overnight but it will fall into place eventually.


On to another topic that does bring me great joy… Graduation. Its just around the corner. Well about a month ago we voted on who will be speaking at our ceremony. There were a few Judges, local lawyers, and instructors to choose from. The results have never been posted. I’ve asked a lot of students and no one has any idea who the speaker is. Well someone was picking at me and said, “Shelby, I thought it was you,” and I joked back that they had wanted me to address the graduating class, but I just couldn’t do it. Then the joke continued to “______ (insert the name of any student that has something to say about everything) is going to speak.” You know, there is always that one person, or few, that have comments to make on every topic. They love to talk/ feel important/ be validated. I love the guy that reads a week ahead, asks a question that is about to be covered, because he thinks that he will impress us all with his superior knowledge. It became aggravating after 4 years. Especially when they want to discuss their view point when the teacher is just about to dismiss the class. Anyhow... some of you might find the following facebook conversation funny. Here goes:

Fellow student: “{blank} is willing to speak.”

Me: “There are a few folks that I'm sure would speak. Most of which, at the end of four years of their mouths, I would be tempted give the Bush treatment (pull my shoes off and throw 'em at the person speaking). {blank} isn't one of them in particular, but my fuse is short at this moment :)

Fellow student: “I can't understand why you would be a little short-tempered at this time. There are some that throwing a shoe at would not be satisfying enough. I'm thinking, maybe, a brick.;)”

Depending on who is speaking, I might be wearing stilettos to graduation.

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting