Thursday, April 23, 2009

Farm living is the life for me**

Yeah I know, I'm more of the middle of the road. I'm a little Mrs. Douglas (Eva Gabor) and Mr. Douglas. I loved being in the city, but I love being in the country too. When I was making frequent trips back and forth, I would get a rush that first step out of the subway from the excitement of the city. And when I would go home, I would let out a big relaxing sigh of relief at being back in Tennessee.

Anyhow... I wanted to write about the awesome things that I saw on the farm. Yesterday I saw a PACK of deer sprinting across the field. It was about 6-7 of them running full speed. They are so graceful and beautiful when they run. I absolutely love to see how elegantly and effortless they are when they leap the high fences.

Also, this morning a saw a flock of wild turkeys next to the house. This is not unusual. Some mornings they wake me up gobbling outside the bedroom window. We've also come home to catch a about 20 of them in the front yard. But this morning there was a big tom out there strutting his stuff for the ladies. He had his feathers all fanned out and his chest puffed to impress. Matt and I like to call them pilgrim turkeys because they look like the images we associate with Thanksgiving. Anyhow, I wish him luck in his courting.

**
Green Acres theme song**

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting