Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hippity Hop

Easter was pretty relaxed around our way. Matt finished up his teaching portfolio. I did some studying, errands, projects, and such. We visited with both sides of the family and had some together time (we called it a “Matt and Shelby” day). The extra day off I had was really nice.

Friday we had some severe weather. The cats and I crouched in a hallway, while Matt stood staring out the window to see if he could see anything coming.

Here is a picture of our deck and the hail the came down with the storm.

And here is a picture of Meeper our cat curled up on Matt’s backpack.

We could buy these cats goose down beds and they would still lay on our things and coat them with hair. I tell you nothing is sacred in our house. This little booger has forced me to require that the bedroom door be closed shut at night. Otherwise I’m awakened multiple times during the night with what feels like a 15 lb paperweight on my legs, belly, feet, etc, weighing down the blankets and making it impossible to roll over and get comfortable. You think she would know how it feels after witnessing what Hans does to her when they try to co-sleep/nap.

Until she was banished, I kept smooshing Matt and whacking him. It’s been nice the past couple of nights, but I anticipate Matt asking to let her back in soon. He likes having her cuddle in at night and be sweet. Of course this is only because she lays on him for a few minutes and then, under the cloak of darkness, tiptoes over to harass me.

1 comments:

The Jenkins Family said...

Oh my gosh...you guys got nailed with hail...it must have been way worse out your way! I don't think we got any hail at my house! Glad you all are ok!!! Hope to see you soon :P

 

Template by Best Web Hosting