Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring Babies

We have been having babies born on the farm left and right the past few weeks. Some of them were born earlier in the year when it was super cold. It never fails that if it gets below freezing and the weather is bad, a calf is born. Last Saturday Matt, his dad, and a neighbor had to help one along. Poor little guy had alot of trouble, but he and Mom are fine. My father-in-law tells me there are a few more expected, one as late as the June or so.
Anyhow, when my friend and her family came by to see the cows a few weeks ago they had all sauntered off where you couldn't see them. So this morning, when I went out to feed the dogs they were hanging around, so I snapped a couple pictures.

Here are two of the smaller babiesHere are two of the bigger babiesThis is what Matt and I call "milky nose"
And here is how the nose gets milky. Notice the little one over to the lefts tongue :)

0 comments:

 

Template by Best Web Hosting